HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what in ya'll opinion is the best 12 gauge for a reasonable price
Old 08-11-2008, 01:25 PM
dukbuster

Default RE: what in ya'll opinion is the best 12 gauge for a reasonable price

ORIGINAL: pahntr760

ORIGINAL: dukbuster

If you really want to find out, ask how many of your buddies that dont shoot 870's are willing to drop the gun in the water in mid december, then take it out and let the water freeze to the gun....then tell them to try and shoot it, they wont do it...i shoot an 870, and i have the water drop experience at least once every tear, and everytime i pull the trigger on that gun, it goes bang and the bird goes flop...The 870 is the most reliable gun ever made, not just for the money either

A little strech, huh? Every trigger pull is a dead bird? Just messin with you man. The only problem with the newest ones is the matte finish is not very rust resistant. I hit mine with a couple coats of Krylon Ultra-Flat. Never rusted again.

I have a buddy who dropped his 870 in a marsh late in the season, when the water was high. They couldn't get to it. He marked a way point on his GPS and went back in the summer. Found the shot gun in the muck. Took it home and cleaned it for a while. Then shot a 46 the next day on the skeet range! How's that for proof!
haha yea maybe everyone is a dead bird is a stretch, but you cant hit em if the gun doesnt go off, and i know what your sayin with the rust thing, but its not that big of a deal, some wd-40 on a rag and a quick wipe down after each hunt(which should be done no matter what you shoot) will slve that...No doubt in my mind that your story is true either, 2 years ago turkey hunting in a sleet/snow storm i hve the entire gun caked in ice within 30 minutes of being out there, but as is always true when that tom stepped out, he was the one that got "iced" haha