HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Stalking turkeys---Unethical??
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2003, 05:39 PM
MOTurkeyTamer

Default RE: Stalking turkeys---Unethical??

In no way do I consider stalking turkeys unethical, I call it good hunting and excellent woodsmanship. There are certain times in difficult seasons when the birds won' t respond to calling that you have to spot and stalk turkeys if you want to fill your tags. I have taken nice gobblers on occasion that way and I don' t feel any less of a hunter for doing it that way. As a matter of fact, it makes me feel more satisfied by being able to get within range of such a wary creature without getting busted, that I personally enjoy those hunts just as much as the ones where I sit for long periods of time and call one in. I believe the legal taking of a longbeard, whether it be taken by the woodsmanship involved with stalking or by sitting patiently and calling them to you, are both a feat to be proud of!

P.S.,
I hunt only on private land and usually have the place to myself. I would think twice about stalking a bird on heavily hunted public land or private land with other hunters in the vicinity for safety reasons.