HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Questions for DMU 61 hunters.
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2003, 11:44 AM
TJD
Fork Horn

Default Questions for DMU 61 hunters.

I think we have a few unit 61 hunters here (Buffalo, Trempealeau counties, et al).

1) About where in the DMU do you hunt (i.e. nearest town, direction from it, etc)?
2) In your opinion, the best deer processing in the unit (assuming you have nay processed over that way)?
3) Best spot to go for a cold one after the hunt?
4) Do you think the deer population is higher, lower, or about the same as a few years ago?

...Just curious!

Myself, the answers are...
1) I am fortunate enough to have two spots: one just northeast of Arcadia, about halfway to Independence. The second one is southeast of Arcadia, not too far from Brush' s Lodge.
2) I have had pretty good luck over the years at Pat' s Country Market in Arcadia, but recently went to Maloney' s Baloney. Great beer sticks there!
3) I take a tour or two to see what has been brought in for contests. I Arcadia, go to Dan' s Bar for that. Also take some trips over to Waumandee...can' t remember the name of the place. Nearest hangout for us is Newcomb Valley Bar. Simple, unassuming, and the beer is cold!
4) Lower, but that isn' t all bad. Used to have WAY too many does. We thinned them out some, but in some areas the t-zone and ag tags took too many. Plus, I saw plenty of buck fawns at registration stations during the t-zone hunts .[:' (]