HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - need scope help
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 09:39 AM
CarpetBagger
Fork Horn

Default RE: need scope help

I'd have to agree there probaly are better scopes out there for the money, but Leupold is tough to beat as a whole...Just cause something is old technology doesnt mean its bad technology. I have a cheap simmons shotgun scope on one of my slug guns that has hand click adjustments on the elevation and windage, but its still a $50 scope and yet works well.

I have also delt with Leupolds customer service once so far and have found it to be exceptional. I had an issue wish the scope rings and they just sent me new scope rings. They truly are a company that relies on not only having you buy one piece of optics, but many many more. I probaly will buy a VX II in the near future for my 270 to upgrade, as well as buy another if I continue to aquire more rifles in the future. They have made a customer for life from me just due to how great they treat you when you call with an issue or question.

I have a VXI on my 270 and it shoots great for my young eyes...VX II you move up in glass and you get the click adjustment. VX III you move up in glass again and you can hand click adjust the scope without a screwdriver.

Havent used a Zeiss, but have looked through many of the 3-9 Conquests, as well as the Nikon Monarch in 3-9 and the VXIII in 4-10very similar in size weight, glass and price...All of them seem to be great products. If you are going to spend $300-500 on a scopeI really dont think you can go wrong with anything in that price range from any manufacturer..