HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What is a good youth model .270
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 04:36 AM
Rifle Loony

Default RE: What is a good youth model .270

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

X2 for me. And I wouldn't shy away from a single shot either. Chances are he won't get another round off in time anyway. I have never had to shoot an animal twice. And the people I have seen take more than one shot never hit what they were aiming at anyway, they were just slinging lead towards the animal.

Single shots are actually a bit safer and teach you shoot better because you know you have to make the first shot count. And when you are practicing it slows down your shot sequence.

Only my opinion though.

Paul
Since when does a bolt action not function as a single shot when so loaded, or so operated?

Chances are you are making unfounded assumptions about a kid you never met, having a back up round is never not a good idea when learning a kid how to hunt......

Talk to ANY big game guide and they are going to be looking for you to chamber a second round immediately....just in case.

Never had a problem making each shot count despite having more in the magazine, nor teaching my kid the same.

The man said he didn't want a singleshot, and I'm bettin' there's a good enough reason......