HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best self defense pistol
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2003, 09:36 PM
paulyseggs
Fork Horn

Default RE: Best self defense pistol

i carry a few different guns usually it;s just the same 3, glock 32 in 357, s&w 66 snubby in 357, or my colt cobra in 38spcl. the 2 357' s get 125gr hollowpoints and the 38 gets 158grain nyclad +p hollowpoints. i do alot of shootin with low recoil practice rounds (except the glock) cause i have some nerve damage in my right hand but i carry full power loads at all times. i once read a thing in a shootin mag i think it was layne simpson that said this is what his wife does she shoots 50-100 rounds of practice ammo then a dozen or so full house rounds to make sure, you develope good shootin skills when your not flinchin i found that out with my 44mag (i can empty it fast real fast and keep all the rounds center mass on one of those silloutte targets with 240grain mag loads, but that required alot of practice with 44spcl).

check out the kel tec line, their fairly inexpensive, light and for what your gonna use it for not a bad deal, you can get the super small 32acp the 9mm which is a bit bigger but still wicked light for a nine, and i do believe their coming out witha 380 thats the same size as the 32, if anything i;d stay away from 25acp i;ve watched racoons take a few rounds and keep goin, gotta remember their 35lbs at best. you;d be better off with a 22mag than a 25acp. but if you want a serious defense pistol i;d say 9mm, you can get the heavier subsonics for practice and carry the +p hot stuff for when the doo doo hits the fan.