HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What scope?
Thread: What scope?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 10:39 AM
hometheaterman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What scope?

I feel like an idiot for posting on forums and telling everyone how it was broken however it wasn't really broken. I just needed to twist the eyepiece to get it back to where the cross hairs are a solid black. Not sure if someone messed with the relief or if it just got thrown off from moving it around last year or what. I never even thought to check it since I hadn't changed it.

I got ready to go to the store to look and price out new scopes. Well, I just decided to try adjusting that even though I didn't know that it would be the problem. To my surprise the more I adjusted it the more the crosshairs showed up. I got it back to like it should be. The only problem I see now is the lock ring doesn't seem to hold it from turning. It tightens it up but I could still turn it without loosening the lock ring as the lock ring seemed to be on there to where I couldn't get it to budge. I finally got it loose and retightened it.

I was going to take this time to upgrade since I just have heard such bad about Tasco and I figured mine had broken too however since it now works fine again I think I'm just going to keep it. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a gun I hardly ever use when this one works just fine. I don't know why I wanted a higher power one as for a muzzle loader in all honesty I don't think I need more than a 3x9 and it most cases a 4x32 fixed zoom scope probably would have been fine. I'm glad I found out what the problem was before I bought a new one.