HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New lure...Gulp
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Default New lure...Gulp

I picked up a fishermen fishing off the shore this morning just for the heckof it..He was a new fishermen and Sports Authority equipped him with a light 6 foot rod and reel..His bait was a 7 inch Gulp purple turtle back worm...he was fishing that thing as fast as a Rattle Trap..I showed him how to tie a Palomar not and tried to show him how to bump his worm slow..I had 6 hits with my Gambler and lost only one..He had over 15 hits but caught none..BUT I was amazed of how aggressive the bass were over his worm.Theywere ripping the tails off. I was so impressed I went to Walmart and bought 4 packs of their only color..Junebug..I let him use my medium Team Diawa MH and I was going to show my wife the 7 inch worm.he left on my rod..Well, it's 8:23 and the worm is now 4 inches..it has evaporated.[:-]Yep..the biochemicals desolve in water and the scent is supposed to be 400 times powerful than any bait..It does have an odor..like a can of sardines..I got about 6 bumps today..I'll let you all know how well I do tomorow.I'm fishing the same exact spots...and only using Gulp worms..Top water Trick rig in the wee morning hours and Texas rig / Carolina later ..as usual.They are not cheap..4.98 for 10[&o]