HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - check list for a long range session
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 08:00 AM
dmurphy317
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: check list for a long range session

More or less what your doing. I have a tool box of sorts that has most of my BP tools and parts (extra nipples and breach plugs, etc.) in it that goes on every range session. I also have a dry box that I keep my powder in along with the funnel tops that fit onto the powder bottles, I also keep my bulk bag of cleaning patches in there to take up any extra space. I have 3 different bullet bags, 1 50cal with PRB stuff, 1 50cal with conicals and sabots, and 1 54cal with everything for that. I have most of my regular cleaning stuff on the bench in my shop so I have to grab the range rods, Rusty Duck, alcoholand Ballistol off the bench. I also have a box with cleaning stuff that is used less often that has an extra can of Sheath and some other things in it that goes with me. I also have a CO2 gizmo to unload the gun if needed. That just leaves guns and targets and rests to throw in the truck along with what ever bullet bag I need.

Almost forgot, I am in the process of setting up acase for my chonograph so it's not just sitting init's box in the truck. I also take a tripod for the chrony and some hearing protection (I'm half deaf already so I can't afford to lose the rest of it). That just about covers it.