HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How often do you hunt?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 12:30 PM
TexasBowHunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How often do you hunt?

My work schedule affords me a lot of time in the woods...I work for one month straight and then get one mon th off....I do most of my hunting during the week except for the holidays as my wife and daughters are out of school and we will take this opportunity to hunt as a family. Unlike Jeff,I wont count 2 sits in 1 day for this exercise, I will count one day as a full day...This year yields a full 20 days in the fieldor more,I will have all of October (during the week days) to hunt....I will start back to hunting the day after Thanksgiving until the December the 15th to hunt...For both of these months I know I will have at least two full weeks (Mon-Fri) each month plus the time that I will have the family at camp with me...I will easily have 20 days in the field, howeverI will have to work through the best time of year to hunt....Next yearI will have the prime rut off and it just keeps rotating each year after that....You definately need to talk her into more time in the woods but if not make the most out of the time you get!!!!! Could you try to involve her some???? Mine never liked going until my oldest daughter started wanting to go about three years ago....Now they all like going, last year my 7 year old daughter got her first deer(with a rifle) and nowthe wifeis telling meme she wanted to get her first deer this year!!!!! It took 15 years to get to this point but we are there and I really enjoy having them in camp with me....