HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - License Fee Increases in Pa
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2002, 02:55 PM
Pinwheel 12
Typical Buck

Default RE: License Fee Increases in Pa

lochorns--

No need to get your hackles up my friend, I'm not there to take anything away from you as a resident, merely looking for the same opportunities in PA that I receive in other states as a NR, and the same offer that we would extend to you should you choose to come to NH and hunt. I have been fortunate enough to have hunted throughout the USA, Canada, and Africa over the years, and feel I can be a fair judge of individual places I've hunted and what I get for my money. Unfortunately, PA is running off the path IMO, and will lose out on alot of revenue if they keep moving in the same direction they are now by "tagging to death" everyone and implementing restriction after restriction that does not truly benefit the hunting community to the extent the "smoke and mirrors" leads us to believe. NR hunters in most all other Northeast states can take one of either sex deer during Archery season on the same tag, without all of the hoopla created by this ridiculous lottery system all for a few extra dollars. Alt has already stated that the does are becoming a problem, yet they still do not yet allow does back on a regular archery license?? How logical is that? If the PGC wants the extra cash, jack up the prices of the original license, no problem, but allow us the same benefits as other states as NR hunters. That is my only gripe, well, that and allowing rifle hunters to be in the woods at the same time as archers, and in a woods that is still heavily foliated. I for one, as both a archer and rifle hunter, know the difference between the two styles of hunting and definately know the two just would not mix. As stated, I'm not looking for anything more than a resident hunter would, but do feel ALL Archers be entitled to either sex deer during archery, or at least through the month of October before they are bred. Just my own thoughts, Pinwheel 12