Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
License Fee Increases in Pa >

License Fee Increases in Pa

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

License Fee Increases in Pa

Old 01-21-2002, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default License Fee Increases in Pa

There is another post talking about a fee for Turkey hunting in which people have made comments that the increases in the Archery, or furbearers license didn't go back to the right groups so why pay it for turkey.

So here is my question, with the extra money from furtakers, archery and bear licenses, what did everyone expect them to do to help those special interest groups?? I am an archery hunter and I don't know what that extra money could have been spent on to benefit me as an archer. I'm not looking to start an argument or anything, I am just looking to understand the other side of the argument.
Old 01-21-2002, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: License Fee Increases in Pa

Hi Pops
I was one of those asking where the money went. Not neccessarily to demand that money for a particular license,stamp, tag went to those hunters but more to point out the cowardly trend of the PGC of hitting smaller groups one at a time when they simply want to add to the general coffers. If they need more funds, fine, let them be subject to the scrutiny that goes along with a general fee increase. At least when the PFC instituted a trout stamp, it was to pay for TROUT propagation not something else. BTW my personal position here is not about $$ amounts. I would gladly pay triple if the PGC was more accountable to the license buyer!
Old 01-21-2002, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have a clue what the PGC could spend the money derived from archery tag sales on. Just plain habitat projects and "making the game lands a better place to hunt" isn't good enough.

I, as everyone else does, realize the PGC needs income as well, but why not just say...we need more revenue to support "cost of living expenses for our employees"?

I don't think that should be the only reason for a rate increase though.
Old 01-21-2002, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

BTB, I see your point. I guess I didn't realize that they raised each group one at a time, I assumed they raised them all together.
Old 01-21-2002, 02:39 PM

BtBowhunter said it for me.I would gladly pay more for my general hunting license.I think every hunter even if they don't run an orig. knows things go up in price.If it is for administration cost then add a few dollars to the general license.If you think about it Pa hunting license fee is not that bad of a deal.But if there is a raise let the hunters know exactly why and make sure that is where the funds are going.As soon as hunters here that the funds went some where else how do you expect them to except any other fee increase.I say don't target a few
for something that benefits all.
Old 01-21-2002, 02:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would be willing to pay more than double the cost of the current archery license if I knew for sure that the money generated by this increase was going directly towards buying more land for public hunting.
Old 01-21-2002, 02:52 PM

I'm new here but agree that we are being stamped or tagged to death. It isnt that the total is that bad. I just wish they would quit the smoke and mirrors game every time they want more money.
Old 01-21-2002, 04:45 PM

I suggest a flat $100 for a back tag and one rate around $20 for every stamp. all stamps the same price. Create a gun season stamp as well as small game and turkey. Use the new found wealth to establish check stations and a system of BLOCK Management modled after the state of Montana's; where landowners willing to allow hunting on otherwise posted land contact the PGC and the willing hunters contact the PGC. it has opened up privateland in nearly every state west of the Mississippi River. BTW Non residents pay what their own state charges, all NR not just those that border on Pa.
Old 01-21-2002, 10:07 PM

Legend LS, what kind of idea is that. Do you want to have EVERY kid turned away from hunting. That WILL do it. I have had to pay for all of my hunting liscences and tags. You are looking at about 200 dollars in tags. When I was 12 I didn't have that much money to spend on hunting. Heck, I don't even have that much money now.

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet
P.S. Only Chuck Adams can sit at home and see deer so get into the woods. =;^)
Old 01-22-2002, 05:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Uhhhh...I agree with Terry on this one....as long as what Buck Magnet posted also gets incorporated into the system.

If I am not mistaken PA did start to initiate a program similar to what you called "Block Management".....I remember seeing it over on their website. The only problem was that there weren't many landowners signed up yet.....and literally none in our area of the state.

I don't understand this statement though...."While one group says I'd pay 3 x's more for a tag the next says" let me wait to buy a MZ tag to see if I am going to use it first"....

...So? Make the tag cost $20 or whatever you want to charge but then give them the opportunity to buy it whenever they want. I don't see where there is a conflict of interest there.

Quick Reply: License Fee Increases in Pa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.