HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Story
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2003, 04:00 PM
slatecall

Default RE: Hunting Story

Mine would have to be the deer that I shot last year since I have only been hunting about 8 years (i' m 15). Well I set up a ground blind near where we had been seeing a big deer foraging and chasing some does. I arrived in the blind around 2:30 and waited and waited and waited passing a few other bucks and such, then just about dark (6:15) a buck showed up, and I could tell it was big. As i was inspecting his antlers to make sure I saw a humongus drop-tine. Quickly and quietly( and with Buck Fever) I managed to get a shot off, though it looked like a clean miss I knew it wasn' t because my aim held true, when I inspected the area for blood I only found 2 small drops, but they were whitish like a lung or heart shot. Then I saw 2 deer run off( the buck had two does with him). That made me even more excited. By now it was dark, then in the cedar thicket I heard a loud crash. I looked over there and there it was. It took me 4 weeks of steady hunting, and much longer than that of scouting to get this buck even though I only saw the drop tine on the last day, I had only seen his other side 2 times so I did not know that it had a drop tine. He had an 8 inch drop tine one a perfectly symetrical(sp) frame(except the drop). 23" spread, it scored 163 typical 171 non. I am still in shock.