HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New ground,, good starting point?
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Angus74

Default New ground,, good starting point?

This year I have been able to get onto a new piece of hunting ground. Ive been there a few times looking it over, but dont really know where to start, the other guys who have hunted it have given me some good ideas, but I am getting ready to go back and really scout and possibly hand a stand or two, I have never hunted farm ground before and just am not positive as to where a good starting point would be to set up for this fall. It is about 750 acres or a little more, and has corn and soybeans on it, along with heavy timber in the low ground. I tried to show some things I can remember in the pics, such as food plots in green and ponds in blue, I know there are a few more of each, that I cant remember and havent seen, but this will show the jist of it. Where should I try to focus my scouting and how should I hunt this area in different stages of the season??There are about 25 stands already hung, andthe guys who have hunted this for years, have their own set areas, and I can pick two stand for my own, andcan also hunt about anywhere I want out of my own stands, as long as Im not within a150 yards or so of someoneelses stand,...If you can give me some advice on where to look, and how to set up, then I can check those areas when I go up in a couple weeks. Thanks for any advice you can give.