HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - any wordAny word on Virginia's new dog laws?
Old 07-20-2008, 07:15 PM
VAhuntr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: any wordAny word on Virginia's new dog laws?

ORIGINAL: Swampdog

I have been trying to stay out of this one .But this big bird cat has made it tough. I sometimes hunt with friends that run dogs,Most times I Hunt from a a stand.Some of my best deer came when the dogs went through and 'ol big horn came sneaking in from behind them.Lots of times I have been in the tree half of the day but when I hear dogs aways off I know there is going to be action (most likely).I absolutly have no use for some one who would shoot another persons dog just because it crosses their land.Trapping one is worse .If a person came down to my neck of the woods with that purpose they would most likley be left in the trap themselves. Shoot my dog and you don't want to know what will happen to you.BTW in Va.if you shoot a deer on your land and it runs to another persons land and dies YOU can go retrieve your game as long as you don't have a weapon.If that person does not let you call the DGIF and a officer will ****** you to retrieve your kill ,if the land owner still does not like it they will take him to jail.

I was always under the impression that you hadto have the landowners permission to retrieve game. If you look at the 4th question down on the "FAQ" section from the VDGIF it seems to support my assumption:

http://www.dgif.state.va.us/hunting/regulations/q-n-a.asp