HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ** ROSS / Bowtech happenings....press release**
Old 07-16-2008, 08:40 PM
robbcayman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ** ROSS / Bowtech happenings....press release**

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

Being an MBA student who just finished my first graduate marketing class, I'm wondering how Bowtech plans to position the Ross line to compete in the marketplace without competing directly against their Diamond line. How will they differentiate the Ross bows from the Diamond bows, given that they are basically the same design?

Both Diamond and Ross are high end parallel limb single cam bows that are very similar to one another. I'm not sure I understand why this move makes sense for Bowtech - unless they plan on changing either the Ross or Diamond brand to target different market segments.
I think the purpose is to buy up more of the market share. Obviously, they feel there are enough Ross fans to warrant buying them out. If I had lots of capital and was trying to dominate the bow industry I would buy up as many brands as I could to become a force. Plus, people give companies instant credit when they constantly see their name on everything.

Imagine walking into a bow shop and9 out of the 10 brands sold were by one company. I'm not sure this is their plan, but it sounds like a good idea to me. Actually, now that I think about it, what I'm talking about is a monopoly.