HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Am I Crazy?
Thread: Am I Crazy?
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 04:16 PM
lemoyne
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Am I Crazy?

[quote]ORIGINAL: dmurphy317

During my lunch break I stopped in to our local Sportsmans Warehouse to see if they had any of the new Hornady FPB conicals, they didn't even have a space for it. I did notice they had a couple of boxes of the 200SST 40cal with 45cal sabots, 20 rounds for $12.99, much cheaper than the 200 SW at 15 for $17 (they didn't have any of those either). Now I don't have a 45cal gun but I do have some 50/45 sabots. This got me to thinking, PR bullets has a duplex load that uses 2 sabots, one inside the other, to load a 357 bullet into a 50cal barrel. So I thought, why couldn't I do the same thing with the 40cal SST's? I went ahead and bought a box to try it out.

Someof the questions I have are, do I need to trim the cup off of the 45 sabot before inserting it into the 50 sabot? How does PR do theirs? Has anyone shot the PR load? How did they work? AM I CRAZY?

OK, don't answer the last one.

Ipicked up some FPB conicals at a walmart in Memphis while we were on a trip I wish I taken all they had now. Cant find any around here they have to pipe sunlight in here.
The onlyoccasion I know of where some one made double sabots work other than the commercial ones you know about the guy had a computerize lathe and made the inside one. Lee