HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Give up my duck season for my dream buck?
Old 07-15-2008, 02:17 PM
TG78

Default Give up my duck season for my dream buck?

Ok here is the situation, my father has about 3000 acres in Eastern CO where I do most of my hunting and when I was out there last weekend runing around looking for coyotes I saw a nice big buck in full velvet with two does. I am pretty sure that this is the same buck that I saw the year before that did not present an ethical shot and so he has gotten bigger, a lot bigger. You say, well what is the problem? I did not draw a tag this year (only every other year) and he seems to walk this same pattern all year long which is right around the pond that I duck and dove hunt (the deer use about 100-200 of the acres way way more than the rest). I am so thrilled to see that he is back this year and looking well fed that I am worried that I might pressure the area too much with my other hunting. What would you do, and how much pressure is too much? I am really torn here. Knowing my luck I would bag the duck season and my crappy weekend warrior neighbor would shoot him this year.