HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Excitement-better now or when you were a kid
Old 07-06-2008, 04:17 PM
M.R. Bucks

Default RE: Excitement-better now or when you were a kid

I think The pressure to KEEP score has taken the fun out of hunt'n' . When I was young I used to bow hunt 1000's of acres of local farmers land. Me, my uncles recurve and my military camo. Every one was happy when I got one!!!! Hunted all the time for free Now there are so many 20 acres lots, keep out signs, and tree stands right on the property lines. It does take some of the fun out the season , A few years ago I shot a nice 9 ptr The neighbors got mad saying (that was my buck) I replied I shoot trespassers.
I still love hunting mostly with a bow Do love the Wisonsin Rifle Season not to get a deer but seeing the whole gang again I dont mind seeing Orange all over that is how I grew up, But bow hunting was a my time to be alone in the world just me and to the bow. So the Excitemant was more when I was younger for the hunt. But even now when the buck shows up I do love that feeling Thats why I put up with all the neighobrs