HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Update on the price of corn
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 04:42 PM
MichaelT.

Default RE: Update on the price of corn

I have now my friend ........... yup, I know where Lillie is. My lease is around the Lawson / Urbana area, if you know where that is...... small world. The places I was talking about is Mc Donald feed in Camden, and Henley feed in El Do.

The only problem I see with those pellets is that you get 11 lbs / 14.00 and the protein pellets I was talking about you get 50 lbs. / 12.60. I believe the pilgrams would be much more economical, and I already know that the deer love it. I usually start out in April feeding just protein feed in my Moultrie 250 lb. capacity timer feeders and then go to a protein / corn, 50 / 50 mix around August ( when antler growth is slowing down, then go to straight corn aroundthe 1st of Sept. I then feed to mid Dec. I did not do that this year though, because simple economics makes it prohibitative. I have not even started feeding at allyet. I will probably make a run to Camden for some bags of Protein feed next week though, and then come back to EL DO to get my corn. I am only going to run 2 feeders this year too. And I will be setting the timers for about half the throw that I have been doing in the past. I will start out just working to get them interested and coming around more. I'll get my cameras set out then too, to get a little preview of what is out there this year.

I tell ya, where you are hunting, I would hate to have to feed some of the deer I have seen in that area. You guys know how to grow them big.....

Good luck to ya though. Let me know how your season goes. I always enjoy hearing from folks in my area, and it's not too often you find someone local on a site this big. Also if you are interested, I know of another site you might want to check out. It is an Arkansas site, but we have folks from north LA that come there too. It is www.arkansashunting.net . It is a really good site with a lot of great folks, that almost have become like family. Hope to see ya there, at least to give it a try, I don't think you will be disappointed.

God Bless

MET