HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - You havn't done crap for scouting,what's your plan?
Old 07-02-2008, 12:19 PM
rybohunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: You havn't done crap for scouting,what's your plan?

Soon I will begin riding around glassing & spotting. There will be deer everywhere, I’ll just be hoping to see a few big ones within a mile (half mile preferably) of my hunting land. If I actually see one ON my hunting land great, but I don’t really expect to see any. As the time nears, I’ll take a quick check to make sure which oak stands are producing the most, so I know where to focus early. After that, I already know my good spots, but will keep an eye out for higher than normal activity in specific areas and adjust if needed.

Now as far as my far away & newer spots, I’m going to need one more trip thru, maybe 2 if I can find the time, to really get my entrance routes firmed up. While there I will note any sign, but also consider the time frame in which it was made. There I have nothing to rely on for exact buck size, other than being clued in on what types of top end bucks I can expect and seeing a few good ones in the general region.