HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What do you REGRET most over the years of hunting
Old 06-30-2008, 09:41 AM
rybohunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What do you REGRET most over the years of hunting

I’m along the lines with Fran. I skipped out on a LOT of things growing up because I wanted to be in the woods & streams all the time. From probably mid July on, I’d bug the crap out of my Dad to go looking for deer probably 4 of 5 weekday nights, if not every night as the season neared. And now that I think about it, I’m not even sure I was old enough to hunt much of that time. I was one of the fastest kids in my high school, but I didn’t dare play football cause it was during the fall. I didn’t play much baseball cause it took away fishing time. But I did manage to run track. College weekends in the fall were spent in a tree instead of tired and hung over from a night of partying.
I chose to apply for jobs that would let me have time to hunt. I ended a TON of social outings early, knowing I had to get up for hunting/fishing. Had I not been so into it, my life would surely be different, but honestly I don’t really wonder about it at all.