HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What do you REGRET most over the years of hunting
Old 06-30-2008, 08:05 AM
quiksilver
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What do you REGRET most over the years of hunting

It's weird that a lot of you guys wish you'd have started taking bowhunting more seriously at a younger age.

I kinda feel like I let a lot of my youth pass me by because I'd have rather been sitting in the treestand than doing anything else. Hell, I almost blew my entire college education because I'd have rather been camped out ina treestandsomewhere. I lost friends, girlfriends, grades took a hit, baseball schollie, etc... All because of my lifelong obsession with hunting rode in the front seat.It's materially affected almost ever facet of my lifestyle.

There aredefinitely days when I wonder what life would've been like if I'd have listened to my dad and NEVER picked up a gun or a bow. He warned me.

Obviously everything worked itself out - but I have no doubt that I'd be in a different place right now. . . Things would've definitely been different . . . I guess it's human nature to always wonder about the element of the unknown.