HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what are 2 or 3 of the top of line hunting compound bows
Old 06-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Mr. Finkelhiemer

Default RE: what are 2 or 3 of the top of line hunting compound bows

I can't remeber how many times in the last decade this question arises in conversation and now in chat rooms. The one answer that always suits the answer correctly is the old wise archers answer, the bow that feels the best to you. You will always see the big three in the mix due to the extensive amounts of money thrown at advertising. Undoubtedly they are great equiptment, but some of your smaller manufacturers actually produce bows to the same high quality that the big three do. I have shot my fair share of different bows over the years and have found the best bow is not always the latest and greatest. I have also seen some issues with the lastest and greatest over the years like failing limbs, bad bearings causing excessive cam lean, and cams that eat through strings like my Darton Maverick Recurve that I live with beacuse I enjoy the way it shoots. When you purchase your next bow research the company. Findout what their Warranty is like. Do they offer the lifetime warranty or limited lifetime warranty. What kind of customer service do they offer. Do yourself a favor and call the company and request a brochure by mail. See how long it takes to get there or if it even gets there.I think the big question is are you looking for the fastest bow or the most forgiving bow. They all look good in magazines and online, but when it come to quality and service itfalls right back to where it is most important, YOUR HANDS.