HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Slick Trick Broadheads
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2003, 10:56 AM
Oldhootowl

Default RE: Slick Trick Broadheads

That I will respond to Capt Ray. My heads have a reputation for toughness, but they aren' t completely indestructible. This makes about 7 heads I have heard of breaking last year, and that rate makes them comparable to the best sellers. Odd that it happened to both you and your partner. Please email me and tell me where you got them and when. Those heads must not have been right. Something I may have taken for granted is that people would lock them down tight with a broadhead wrench. The round ones like Bohning and others sell for a $1 or 2 work perfect. They are made to have a really tight lock fit. All heads need to be on tight at the insert joint for maximum strength. Also, spin the heads and if they don' t spin perfectly, rotate the washer a tad and lock down again and all my heads will spin. Not saying you didn' t, but I think I will put those instructions on my website for good measure. I only had one dealer who told me he refunded a pack to a customer for breakage, and I commended him on that and sent him a refund. The others considered it operator error hitting the " heart" of the shoulder blade. If you hit an animal in the heart of the shoulder blade, no arrow will penetrate, and you will not kill the animal and the odds are fair whatever you are using the arrow will bend or break or the broadhead will break. That energy has to go somewhere if the arrow is stopped in its tracks. You apparently didn' t do that, and it is certainly odd your head broke, perhaps a heat treat flaw in that head. Let me know, and give my your address and I will send you and your buddy a refund. THANKS GARY