HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Federal Black Cloud Shells?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 06:21 AM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Federal Black Cloud Shells?

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

When I made the switch to BC, I also changed my choke. I had been shooting KFS with an IC choke for a couple of years. I switched to a modified choke and BC at the same time. I left the modified choke in for duck hunting with KFS. I could see no difference from prior years. I could however see a great difference in goose hunting. I hunted with the modified choke and BC #2's. I shoot only decoyed geese, but I could still tell a great difference. I bet I only used half the amount of shells this year than in previous years. I am a terrible shot with a shotgun, because I'm left eye dominant and shoot right handed. I need all the help I can get. All I know is I found a winner that saved me some dough even though they are more expensive by the box. I flat didn't need as many rounds to fill my limit.

Edit- No I didn't pattern them on a board at all. I picked some up one night before hunting. The next mornings results made patterning them not necassary to me. I do plan on doing it this year in the off season. Once season gets here, time for that kind of stuff is sparse. I do agree with you on the ass for every seat, what works for some may not work for others.

Yeah I was hoping you might have stumbled across something that was different. I can't imagine being left eye/right handed! Sounds like it would be impossible for me! Maybe those things aren't shooting straight... if you are such an awful shot, perhaps a gun that shoots someplace other than where you are aiming is the best solution I might should try that myself!

I'm glad they are working for you bro... keep on pounding those honkers!