HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Federal Black Cloud Shells?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 04:40 PM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Federal Black Cloud Shells?

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

I'm not just guessing. I've killed thousands of waterfowl. I've used about every store bought round that's out there for waterfowl. Kent is very good for the cost, and I would have no problem recommending it. Kent Fasteel is what I've been using for the last couple of years, that is, until last year. Black Cloud is as advertised. It is without a doubt the best round I've ever used for geese. If you haven't tried it, you should. If your an avid waterfowler like myself.

Did you throw any at a pattern board at all?

I tried like hell to get it to do something different (good or bad) with different choke tubes... but the results were so similar it just didn't matter whether it was skeet or IM.... same results every time!

I found the #4 steel Black Clouds to be great on teal inside 30 yards... but even after the field journal write up when I got ahold of BBs.... the results were the same... IC type patterns... and just flat too sparse past about 35 yards.

My guns still shoot Hevi-steel and Win Supreme (black box) better than anything else.

I guess the end solution is that there is an ass for every seat... and you just gotta find which seat your's likes.... or in this case what your gun shoots well.