HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scope for Remington Model 7
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Volf
Spike

Default RE: Scope for Remington Model 7

As far was optics goes you got all good brand advices. I just want you to take a look at Remington mode seven itself first - it is a smaller frame stock with short action catridge design. Most scopes that were advised would be to long for your rifle as they are designed with long action in mind, unless you want to remove iron sights (I suspect you got them and wnat to keep them... you still might be not too happy with scope mounting due to balance )
I have model seven in 7mm SAUM and bought Nikon buckmaster first time, tried Bushnell banner as well... I had to return them shortly,They were to long and they did not give good eye release distance. You probably do not want to by a scope longer than 11.6-12in. I found a good article on the web from the guy who played with his Model Seven and got a good functional set up. He recomended Warne rings and bases (they make a set specialy for Model Seven) and Burris Short action Scope, Bushnell also makea one Elite 3200 short action scope 2.5-10x40 (11.4 in) That a one I put on mine (I payed $200) If you have a one of big Outdoor retailes aboud take your gun there and ask them to help fit it with right scope. You will see what I am talking about. Good luck. Model seven is a good gun.