HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Gas-checks
Thread: Gas-checks
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 05:22 PM
HEAD0001
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gas-checks

Now who is assuming that the poster is casting their own bullets, instead of buying their bullets?? You need to make up your mind before you flame some one else!!

You also need to know that it is easy to "fit" your GC's to a bullet without sizing them. That is how I seat them on my 200 grain bullets for my 358 Winchester. I just set the GC on a flat surface on push the bullet into the crimp on GC. This bullet drops exactly where I want it. So when I run the bullet through the sizer, all I am doing is lubing the bullet(not sizing).

You also need to realize that there are alot of casters out there that do not even size their bullets. And there are also a lot of custom molds out there that drop a certain alloy at the proper diameter that a shooter wants so that he does not have to size his bullets.

"Diameter across the grooves"??I think I actually gave you more credit than you deserve. I know that "Diameter across the grooves" is definitely not the measurement I am looking for when I slug a barrel. I think I will go over to the Cast Boolit web site and tell them I size my bullets by the "Diameter across the grooves". I am sure those guys will get a Laffin'......... out of that. Have you ever slugged a barrel?? By your comments-I sort of doubt it. Tom.