View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Colorado Luckydog
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Funny duck hunting story

ORIGINAL: mike2355

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

ORIGINAL: mike2355

second story pisses me off, i wouldnt go around bragging about that story. Thats how some people die while out hunting, because some "hunters" are stupid enough to not distinguish a decoy from a real bird
You get pissed off to easy. A story about a dead guy pisses you off? The story teller didn't do it, and I would hardly call his story bragging. The fact that no one was hurt, makes it a little funny.

However, we all know how bad it can be when some would be hunters are not careful. The waterfowl community lost a really good dude this year that was a pro-staffer for Avery. While sitting in his blind some yahoo shot at his decoys in the field with a high powered rifle and hit Josh in the head and killed him. I'm glad they caught the guy, but it's hardly any consolation for his family.
not pissed off and i didnt mean "bragging" per say.. but thinking that story was funny and or amusing enough to post it? I just think those guys that cant distinguish a decoy from live birds are idiots mainly because of a few deaths this past year from idiots shooting into decoys. Along with avery pro staffer josh leger, a few others were killed or shot at in their decoys this past year. I'm sure in every hunters saftey course across the continent, they say "be sure of your target before shooting!"
I agree. Very sad about Josh. I didn't know him, but I talked to some guys that did, and they all had only great things to say about him.

I elk hunt a lot, and I could tell you some stories about guys that have shot spikes (illegal) more than once. How can you not learn from your mistakes? To not be sure of your target is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, mistakes a hunter can make.

Sorry about hacking on you Mike, I was just having a little fun. I know what you mean, and agree with you. It's just that Alsatianhas been around for a while and Iwould bet he wouldn't pull a stunt like that. He was telling a story he found humorous. Had the outcome have been different there would be nothing funny to tell. No harm no foul, as long as they learned something, and it sounds like they did.