HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Guardian or General???
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 06:14 PM
shishkabob slim

Default RE: Guardian or General???

Well I have the Guardian and love it. The main reason I purchased it was the high kinetic energy, the smooth draw cycle and the low shock. My in-laws had Mathews and when I got the Guardian the difference in noise and shock was very noticable. The both got Generals this year. My Father-in-law liked his General because of the low shock, vibration and noise. He'sold and his hands hurt with his other bow. My brother-in-law liked his General because of the anodized red cams, he said it made his bow sexy!! I guess he'll be hunting does this season.
Anyway, comparing the two after many months of shooting there is a marked difference in the two. The General is noticable quieter and the almost no shock. The Guardian is faster and hits harder. I find the Guardian easier to shoot dots because of the heavier weight and longer ATA ( only 2" longer) and I think the Guardian is smoother ( or I am more use to the draw cycle). When I say hits harder, it knocks the center part of the Glendale buck target back a few inches.