HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 22 Hornet Rifle
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 12:01 AM
late.runner
Spike

Default RE: 22 Hornet Rifle

Head, thanks for the reply and advice.

It's not so much that I'm looking for exceptional accuracy in this caliber - just adequate accuracy for prairie dogs for it's effective range. I'd like to be able to count on the gun to group in an inch-and-a-half at 175 yd off sandbags on a calm day. I'm pretty well set on the caliber, as it will be easy to see the hits on dogs, and I understand that it won't tear up a fox with the right bullets.

I have to say, I share your experience on the ruger; I just dumped one that had the same issue. I'm not really sure why they let the one I bought past their inspectors, unless they're marketing to people who just want something that willgo bang. I'm thinking, though, that after it and others change hands a few times and give a few more people first-hand experience with mediocre quality at a stiff price, the laws of supply and demand will havetheir effect. I admire your effortstrying to keep your $'s in this country wherethey belong; I strive to do the same. At this point, though,I figureI've paid enough for my education; ruger won't have to teach me twice.

Can you tell me what the fellows you mention prefer in the Browning over the CZ? You're right, the CZ is much more available. Are you able to find out from them what they have learned about the accuracy of either rifle?

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. I do appreciate it.

Laterunner