HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I have gone over to the Dark Side
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 05:14 PM
oldelkhunter
Giant Nontypical

Default I have gone over to the Dark Side

May I be forgiven for this trespass. I was lured into a Sport Shop and the clerk handed me a T3 synthetic in 308 and believe it or not it went home with me.I have spent a good amount of time bashing these rifles based on firing other peoples guns and grabbing them in a gun shop. Everything about them does not add up to what my "OLD" definition of a rifle or shotgun isfor that matter. You know milled steel, forgings,bluing,fine walnutand handwork together. In short the stuff that is not done today unless you spend muchmore then a thousand +on a gun. This rifle will not have to do any heavy lifting , the only lifting it will see is when I yank it 20 feet up in the air via a parachute cord and use it on some unsuspecting bambi or it's daddy. Initial observation for what it is worth is I haven't used a brush since I have been buying Sakos and this Tikka did not require one as well for the preliminary cleaning. The bore was as smooth as melted butter. In fact no copper fouling turned up, first time ever. Maybe they never fired it . The dealer let it go for a good price since in his whitetail woods 300 rums,30-378,338-378's are much more popular . I even spotted some 338 Lapua on his shelves. I just hope this humble cartridge can pierce a deers thick skin and bring it down humanely. I'll just try to shoot straight and do my best and keep the shots under 30 yards.