HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is there an argument for banning carbons for hunting?
Old 06-01-2008, 08:09 AM
Rob/PA Bowyer
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Is there an argument for banning carbons for hunting?

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: Swift Arrow

aluminums just aren't as efficient for killing game as carbons are.
I don't know where you get this info from, but I thinkyou mighthear more chatter about this thanthe initial thread!
I agree early in that statement should have never, ever been made because it's simply inaccurate.

As far as carbon arrows, In the line of thinking of the original post, lead should be banned too then as it can stay in the body and cause infection etc. Sure carbon is tougher than wood or aluminum and when you (thread starter) say:

last couple of years I've seen, and/or heard of, too many deer carrying non-lethal carbon arrows
where in the hell are you seeing this and please for the life me, explain what is a "non-lethal" carbon arrow? Are you refering to all carbons as non lethal or are you refering to the shot placement as non letahl. IF it's the later, there in lies the problem. I've also found some broadheads and even a green plastic vane lodged in a does neck.

The material of the arrow is not the route of the problem. Carbon arrows, (I feel the heavier the better) have way too many pros than cons.