HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is there an argument for banning carbons for hunting?
Old 06-01-2008, 07:49 AM
Paul L Mohr

Default RE: Is there an argument for banning carbons for hunting?

ORIGINAL: Swift Arrow

aluminums just aren't as efficient for killing game as carbons are.
Really? Your going to have to do some serious explaining with some science and proof to back that one up. Carbons are popular because they are light and people believe they don't bend and/or are straighter than aluminum arrows, neither of which is true. And being lighter really doesn't help make them anymore efficient.

Carbons are not going anywhere, take my word for it, as a matter of fact aluminum arrows will go by the wayside before carbons. It has nothing to do with which works better or what one has the potential to wound more game. It has to do with what people will and won't buy. Carbon arrows are way to popular now for them to go anywhere.

I'm not huge carbon fan either, but I don't feel they are responsible for wounded game. That is completely on the archer, if you make a bad shot you make a bad shot. Heavy aluminum arrows are just as tough as some carbons. As a matter of fact I have had more carbons break on me than I have aluminum ones.

Paul