HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sights
Thread: Sights
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 08:03 AM
Chris W.
Typical Buck

Default RE: Sights

Is it good to use sights on a Trad bow. I have seen them like that. is it good or not. or should you start without one like at 15 yrds and works your way back until you get good with the trade bow
You can use sights on a recurve. Many have done it in the past, even myself, with excellent results. Is it good or bad? Well, that's up to you and what your goals are. If you're going to use a sight, I'd recommend a simple single pin sight.

Well, to use em, generally, you have to use an elevated rest and pretty well change around your whole form.
An elevated rest isn't needed to us a sight off a recurve. One can shoot just as well off the shelf with a simple pin sight as they can with an elevated rest. I've got a simple cobra pin sight I keep around for those times when Iwant to checkform issues. As far as shooting form change, I hold the bow the same whether I've got a sight on the bow or not. I do shoot the bow mostly verticle though. Never had a reason todo thehard cant.

All in all though if you want to shoot sights why do it with a traditional bow, just stick to a compound then.
Maybe he's drawn to the recurve more so than the compound. Different folks have different reasons for doing what they do. The man wants to shoot a recurve. If he wants to do it with a sight, then so be it. I really get tired of hearing the "stick to a compound" comment when the topic of sights on a recurve is brought up.