HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - need help, been river fishin..
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 02:28 AM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Default RE: need help, been river fishin..

I use the Therma Cell as well..They are expemsive but they do work..

I understand that Deet can cause health problems..
Note..
" However, there is a growing body of evidence warning that DEET, the most often recommended and used repellent ingredient, can cause serious health problems. Furthermore, applying DEET while using sunblock, increases DEET absorption into the blood by a factor of three.
A recent study from Duke University Medical Center pharmacologist, Dr. Abou-Donia Ph.D, reported that the chemical DEET causes diffuse brain cell death and behavioral changes in rats after frequent and prolonged use. While the chemical's risks to humans are still being intensely debated, Abou-Donia says his 30 years of research on pesticides' brain effects clearly indicate the need for caution among the general public. "

There are other mosquito repellant out there.. Florida swamps are horrible with mossquitoes and I use the Therma cell...
The unit cost about 23.00
You simply screw in a butane cartridge ..
and slide a blue mat over the tiny burner..
A mat last about 3 hours and a butane about 8 ..

A package of 3 butanes and 12 mats ..about 20.00[]

BUT ..for me it's worth it..For fishing I would look into those burning pots instead..that burn like a candle.The smoke from the Therma Cell is practiacallty odorless .I have asthma and it does not bother me.
Hope that helps..

c7