HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How many air-balls?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 04:08 PM
shed33
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many air-balls?

ORIGINAL: Brett/IL

Thanks for rubbing salt in the wound(s) Shed, geesh!

I have managed to kill some good bucks, but I am fortunate to live in a state where you have a chance if you do some work. I grew up in mid-western Illinois in McDonough county which is close to the famed Fulton county and about 1 1/2 hrs. from Pike and Adams. After I missed the first big deer I mentioned, we managed to get the lease on that farm and myfriends still have it. One of them killed a 213" non-typical therethree years ago during gun seasonand they consistantly kill P&Y deer every year during bow season. Ifmy business partners scanner still works I'llscan a pic. andI'll post it for you. I now live in the southern portion of the state and while the bodies on the deer aren't quite as big, butthe antlers are still there. The other two I mentioned were on a farm that has been managed well for over 10 years and that I am now in on a lease with a few other guys. Contrary to what theOutdoor Channel might have you believe, there aren't Booners behind every tree here, but we haveour share.
Brett, I didnt mean too.. sorry.. I have no doubt you've killed some dandies.. I guess I came across wrong.. I applaudyourhonesty on the clean misses... Like I said earlier.. no misses usually means not a lot of opportunities..not always but most of the time.. there are a few likeRybo that just flat out rarely miss ever!Not I... I've had afew whiffs myself.. as for yourrecurve efforts I have the highest respect for the archers that get it done with those bows.... and again I hope you hammer a slammer this fall!

Send me some pix please, and while your doing it..show me that bow too! good luck