Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many air-balls? >

How many air-balls?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many air-balls?

Old 05-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many air-balls?

Do we really have to talk about this?Complete misses would be 2,one of which was confused enough to allow me to nock another arrow and take him.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: shed33

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Great thread Troy!! I've missed one buck and it was in Wisconsin. I was about 15 years old and a friend of the family was also with are family bow hunting these whitetails. Well the portable stand I was in was the friends stand and when I pulled back on the little 3" spike every thing felt great when all of a sudden just as I was letting the string slide off of my fingers hoping to go in the lungs of the spike the end of the wooden stand broke. Luckily I caught myself by grabbing an over hung branch, some how I was able to hold on to my bow as well. The arrow missed the deer surprising only by about 3" over its back. I was about 20' in that tree, I easily could of been a goner if I wouldn't of caught myself.
can you imagine if you would have double lunged that DEER TOO!
That would of been something Troy!! I'm just happy I'm able to tell the story.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've hit 2 small bucks (not that it makes itOK) withpoor shots, and didn't recover them. No air balls though. As far as does go, I'm sure I've air balled a few of those in my daythough. This was when I was much less competent.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know if I should admit my number. [:-]

I've managed to break into double digits. But sadly enough it wasn't due to wildly flinging arrows. Probably only one of those shots was over 20 yds, and one deflected off of limbs. I was just a very poor shot when I started out. I was fortunate to make clean misses and no wounded but lost deer.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:58 PM

2, one was during my 2nd year bowhunting, was a smaller buck but I clean whiffed and shanked the shot in fron of him. The 2nd was far more painful, it was on a definate book buck. I misjudged the yardage. The buck came in a spot on a small trail no deer had never approached from in all my years of hunting that stand. I shot and watched the arrow fly true...until at the last second she ran out of gas and dropped right under the buck and stuck in the ground behind his front leg.[:@]I could've puked.