HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Unique Challenges
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 09:01 PM
RockinChair
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Unique Challenges

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Crossbows are not intended to be shot standing up free hand.
where did you come up w/ this notion? I shoot mine alot and have no problem free handing groups at 30 yds the size of a snuff can [2 1/2"]. All of the xbow 3-D competitons make your views further false. Now, that being said, in a hunting situation if I can rest my xbow I will.
I do too. As I mentioned before when I play B.U.C.K with my brother (he shoots a compound) I shoot free hand standing up because it will greatly improve my shooting and adds another dimension I may face when hunting. What I implied by 'crossbows are not meant to be shot standing up free hand' was more so in hunting situations. The more solid you are able to shoulder your bow and the stronger base you have the more accurate your shot will be. Crossbows are heavy and bulky and meant to be shot with in a sturdy shoulder and with strong support.

Also.. I apolozige for my ignorance but I have never actually seen a 3D crossbow contest so I wouldn't have any knowledge of how they were done. I was just wondering the other day how they went actually. Thanks for the info.