HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - wyo sheep tag
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 09:35 AM
salukipv1
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: wyo sheep tag

wow!

Why can't you draw one....? I'll tell you why, one the odds are stacked way against you/adults/ whether its res or non res. Many adults have been gaining pts since they first could....and now who knows what that # is but with 75% of the tags going to the guys with the most pts......less you have the most pts, good luck drawing that tag.....and most of them don't draw that tag so they continue to gain a pt and have the max......I've heard some say don't begin applying for WY sheep unless you already have quite a few pts....

awesome for him, though I assume you were probably just thinking of building him pts while he's young and its cheap, and maybe down the road he'd draw one.....awesome for him.

This is something I've brought up vefore though is unfair odds to kids.....a bighorn sheep tag isn't a deer tag.....or an elk, these suckers are very hard to draw, some men, *most will never draw a tag, I've heard about countless men waiting 30+ years and either never drawing or just that, taking 30+ years to draw.

Maybe your son just got lucky....I'm curious how many tags they designate to kids.....? if it's 1 or a bunch....

haha, I think you are more excited then him......which is another pt, these kids really don't have a reference or reason to be as excited as you are.....personally I think a man who has been applying for 30years deserves a tag ahead of any kid, particularly a sheep tag. I really think youth tags should be for does, cows, ewes....

but hey rules are rules, so congrats and take full advantage of that one! btw you can't shoot it for him, so get him just as ready as you'll be! haha.

I just saw bill jordan of realtree go after a WY sheep, looked like a long tough hunt, think they went 5+ days before seeing a ram, and aside from the frist morning hadn't seen a sheep. But he got a 11.5yr old sheep! and it was quite nice.