HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Go ahead, shoot the doe, and her fawns!
Old 05-10-2008, 12:21 AM
NEW61375
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Go ahead, shoot the doe, and her fawns!

ORIGINAL: blackfish

when I was young we ate the family dog and we were thankful ohmy god cry me a river 1000dollar bows 100s of gas and tree stands hunting crap and you got to shoot a fawn to feed your family. I give I am wrong I am done with this foolishness
See the thing is you don't have one solid explanation for why someone shouldn't shoot young deer(mind you we are not talking about spotted fawns here as they are illegal to take in most states). We are talking about young or yearling deer. What is wrong with taking them? Noone is saying that is some great accomplishment or posting pics and bragging on them but it is necessary/helpful in many places deer are hunted, especially areas with dense deer populations.

Let's not forget they are deer....not babies.....not kids.....they are deer plain and simple. Quit trying to humanize them and say "Oh don't kill the poor liitle baby deer."That sounds like something thatsomeone handing out flyers outside of a circus complaining about elephant treatment would say.

BEFORE:

[

AFTER:

Any questions?

Look at those little steaks on the right, don't they look so cute and cuddly? Almost brings a tear to my eye.

Disclaimer: The above pictureddeer were in fact photo'd during bow season from the porch, they were in no way shape or form harmed for the purpose of making "ham steaks". They were only used as a reference to show what size deer make the most tender steaks(and other great whitetail recipes). Although they could have been legally taken in the woods out back, my aunt liked these two(except when they ate her flowers) so they got a free pass, for now.