HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Go ahead, shoot the doe, and her fawns!
Old 05-09-2008, 04:50 PM
magicman54494
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Go ahead, shoot the doe, and her fawns!

Wow, I missed a lot! Here I thought I was killing some deer and feeding it to my family. Everything I did was legal. I made ethical kills. The deer I killed were killed in late Nov. I trophy hunt until that time of year then I fill my freezer. The DNR says if I don't harvest antlerless deer they will impose earn a buck. As a trophy hunter I do notlook down on those who shoot smaller bucks. Then when I legally put some meat in my freezer I get blasted, looked down on, called gutless. I wonder how all you bleeding hearts live with yourself after taking away all of those fawn's Mamas? How can you justify killing a doe after the rut? She is most likely carrying FAWNS. Can someone explain how fawns somehow became taboo?At what agecan we kill a deer andnot be criticizedand how do you determine that age? A deer is far from fully developed at 1 1/2. Maybe we should ban killing them too. SOME DOE FAWNS ARE MATURE ENOUGH TO BREED.
If you don't want to kill a fawn, you have the right not to. But don't spew out a pile of negative crap about it then follow it up with "butif someone wants to it's alright with me."