HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Finally ordered the right arrows
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 10:23 AM
LittleChief
Nontypical Buck

Default Finally ordered the right arrows

You guys know I've been trying to decide on arrows for the longbow. Well, I finally broke down and ordered a dozen Goldtip Traditional 3555s. At the same time, I ordered 4 dozen 50 grain weights, 2 dozen 25 grain weights, 2 dozen 10 grain weights, a dozen nock adapters, a weight system wrench and two three packs of 125 grain Magnus Stinger 2 broadheads. I went overboard on the 50 grain weights because while the 3555s are the right spine, they're only 8.6 gpi. With a 29" arrow, that's only 249 grains. To get to 550 grains (10 grains per pound of draw) which is where I'd like to end up... okay, maybe 600 grains, I'll need to add quite a bit of weight. I'm looking forward to putting these together and playing with the weight system.

Nice thing is, I got all of this forright atwhat I would have paid for those two packages of Silver Flames. Thanks for the input you guys gave me a while back.

One quick edit. Hey, Matt/PA.... You know, I didn't think about it until right now, but that arrow/broadhead setup just cost me almost as much as I paid you for that bow.[>:]