HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Stolen Stands need Ideas
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Black Stick

Default RE: Stolen Stands need Ideas

ORIGINAL: Syclone

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

Wouldn't the tar dry? Try running an electrical current through the thing. I'd put a camera up and laugh my @$$ off at the jerks. I was kidding about the electrical current (how would you get electricity to the stand?). Best of luck to you.
This is not a half bad idea. Just needs some refinement. How about a taser, that is hooks up to a stand? Might be some modifing of the trigger and such.
Although I am a Biology major, I have done some engineering. It's fun. You would need a car battery that would begin sending a current through the metal when the camera senses movement. That could be done, you would also need to be able to stop the current for yourself. Disconnecting the battery would do the trick. Make sure that everything is well hidden. If the stand is not connected at he bottom, I would recommend doing that so that the current can flow better. Also, it would be smart to use metal cable (that would conduct electricity) to attach the ladder stand to the tree. This way they can't remove it. If you try this, you'll have to let me know how it works.