HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Past Champs (stay in touch thread)
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 12:54 PM
AR 34 eight point
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Past Champs (stay in touch thread)

Hey guys, I was not sure how to get a hold of ya, I got my turkey this year and just thought I would share it with ya. here is the story, I will post a pic later. I sure did not plan on getting one with the bow....

finaly got out today, I did not bring my son because of school and I thought I would give thoes birds a fiting chance. I took out the bow instead of the Remington. To my supprise I stalked a bird around 80 yrds into an open field...... what a rush..... He was not moving around much and not responding to calls so I thought I would give it a try. Positioned myself to his behind and walked slow and quiet untill I was a little over 20 yrds and put an arrow in its back.... flew up and looked around, so I plugged him again.... I never thought I would be able to stalk a turkey in an open field.... I will post pictures when I get to work, but here are its measurement

21 poounds
1 inch spurs on both sides
8 3/4 inch beard

The beard is the stringyish (if thats a word) thing I have ever seen. The pic I took is just laying on the ruler, but when you straighten it out a little it grows.......... I just think its cool that I stalked it with a bow...