HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cast 38-55 gas -checks?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 02:10 PM
HEAD0001
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cast 38-55 gas -checks?

ELD, you and I normally agree on most things. I normally read your posts with interest, and I have picked up a few good tips from you. But to recommend an "INVERTED" metal GC over the powder(obviously inside the case)charge is going a bit too far. Especially without posting a stearn warning about what you are doing. And exactly how to do it. There are a lot of beginner reloader's here who read your posts, and probably do a lot of what you say. A reloader could get in a lot of trouble by doing this. Especially when there should be no leading problem with a properly sized bullet at 1350 fps??

I am not trying to flame your post, and I apologize if it seems that way. I just think that you are suggesting an awfully advanced idea, to what could be real beginner's?? I must admit that I have never even heard of putting a GC in the case. And I definitely do not think I would ever try it.

IMO the easiest way to correct case(powder) positioning problems is to use a powder that closely fills the case. Spend the little extra money for the extra powder, and quite trying to save a couple of bucks by using the faster powders. Tom.