HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - **Updated a 3rd time - 5/3** - Best of luck to my PA brothers tomorrow......
Old 04-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Rob/PA Bowyer
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Best of luck to my PA brothers tomorrow......

Matt and I had birds going all morning. The gobbler I had filmed yesterday was coming, the hens were responding as was he but at the last minute we heard "putt" and I slowly turned to have 7 hens and jakes standing there at 25 yards out in the middle of field from us. The gobbler was still up the hill and these snuck in behind us. We bumped them off as to not compete with them and the gobbler I believe continued up the hill and locked wing across the road. I've seen hens do this and I think he followed.

We headed to another spot and upon getting to where I wanted to start, 3 longbeards stood up the hill with one strutter. We set up, had them going but being with hens, the hens pulled them away. Jeaous beatches..LOL I must have been sounding too pretty.

We followed them for a while as best we could but we can't compete with the pretty little real things.

Back to my place for a last minute attempt, we hustled into the bottom, hit the call and BAM, one responded and we got tight and set up. We never heard nor saw it again.

I hope Matt had a great time, I sure did as we were talking turkey and they were talking back. Tonight I leave for vacation and Cancun, MX.

Now don't be a hater. [8D]