Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 **Updated a 3rd time - 5/3** - Best of luck to my PA brothers tomorrow...... >

**Updated a 3rd time - 5/3** - Best of luck to my PA brothers tomorrow......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

**Updated a 3rd time - 5/3** - Best of luck to my PA brothers tomorrow......

Old 04-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default **Updated a 3rd time - 5/3** - Best of luck to my PA brothers tomorrow......

I know a lot of you are headed to the woods tomorrow for our spring gobbler opener, so I just wanted to wish each of you best of luck!!

My car is already packed, and I will be out of here in the next few minutes on my way to camp to spend my annual opening day turkey hunt with my father on his birthday. I'm really excited, this is pretty much the only time I get to hunt with my Dad anymore, so hopefully I can call something in for him.

Best of luck to each of you, and I hope you each have a safe andsuccessful opener!

Rob and Matt - If you guys drop one shoot me a text. I'm not sure what I will be doing this weekend after 12 tomorrow, but maybe we can meet up for a lunch at the same place?
Old 04-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best of luck to my PA brothers tomorrow......

Good luck, Matt, maybe you'll score a double! Good luck everyone else. I'll be out till about 9:30 tomorrow or so...going out in a few minutes to glass a field for tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the pics of everyone's birds! Oh, and BE SAFE OUT THERE!
Old 04-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, good luck everyone, I'm hoping the best for Matt / PA in the morn. I posted in another thread, this morning I filmed the gobbler (with 3 hens) in the field Matt should have killed on in last year. (another caller screwed us up). If the gobbler does it tomorrow (likely because of rain tonight) and we're left alone, I like our chances.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Yeah, good luck everyone, I'm hoping the best for Matt / PA in the morn. I posted in another thread, this morning I filmed the gobbler (with 3 hens) in the field Matt should have killed on in last year. (another caller screwed us up). If the gobbler does it tomorrow (likely because of rain tonight) and we're left alone, I like our chances.
Sounds good...taking the camera right? Hopefully you get some great video of Matt taking his first bird.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

good luck guys! Be safe!
Old 04-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck gents, cant wait to see some pics.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:32 PM
Typical Buck

good luck guys truck is packed time to get my first turkey ever tomarrow
Old 04-25-2008, 06:59 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck everyone. I'll be heading deep into Michaux state forest...hopefullymy Ultimate Camo works like i'm thinking it will.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know it's not bowhunting related but figured I would update here instead of making another post.

Hope you guys had as good of a morning as we did. I ended up tagging my heaviest tom ever (25lbs) at about 6:45 this morning, and after Icalled in 4 other birds that we just couldn't seal the deal on for my Dad. I had each of the 4 birds at less than 65 yards, but just couldn't get them in that extra 15-20 yards. In total we saw 10 different birds that were all 2+ year olds, and heard several hundred gobbles......it was quite a morning indeed.

Unfortunately I shot off a good part of my birds beard, and he had one of his hooks broken off at only one inch, but to date I still consider him my best bird. You know he's a hammer when one spur is broken off and he still hangs from a tree on that spur as well. [8D]

25lbs
1 3/8" - 1" Spurs
9.5" Beard

Old 04-26-2008, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

You do know this is the BOWHUNTING forum.......?????????? You might send people to therapy by posting a pic of a Gun killed bird in here!!!!!!!! Get the dental floss out!

Congrats on a great Bird, 25lbs, nice one! Once again well done!!

Quick Reply: **Updated a 3rd time - 5/3** - Best of luck to my PA brothers tomorrow......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.