HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Minimum KE for deer hunting?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 08:00 PM
Wiaxle

Default RE: Minimum KE for deer hunting?

ORIGINAL: LKNCHOPPERS

She will get stronger fast if she shoots a lot. Lknhuntress went from 28lbs to 44lbs in 7 months. She switched bows and can draw her new DXT at 48lbs. I think she will be above 50lbs come deer season.
I am hoping that she puts the muscle on, but whenever I try to sneak in a 1/4 turn (or less) she always figures it out and says she can't pull that much. Thinking about going with a cheaper bow to start with, and it really isn't all that cheap 200-300 bucks for the bare bow (or better yet a fully set up used bow). If she does get into it, and gets into that 40-50 pound range, then that opens the door for some of the other bows that are out there.

Debating on trying to teach her myself, but for some reason she doesn't take my constructive critiscm all that well I might have to bring someone else in to get her to follow some of the basics.

Right now I am hoping she does follow through, as long as I don't have to stay home all the time to watch the boys while she goes out hunting [&:][&:]

And if it is all for naught, at least there will be a couple lower poundage bows around for when the boys reach the age they can use them (2 1/2 years and 10 weeks right now)